Job Description Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity, and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
We are seeking a Engineering Technologist II to work full-time onsite in a fast paced manufacturing environment at their Nashua, New Hampshire facility. Working in a team based environment, and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing production factory environment brings with it an exciting opportunity to influence the successful execution of production goals and achieving operational excellence. In this role, the engineering technologist will be responsible for providing test engineering support and execution. The role provides a fascinating opportunity to apply hands-on engineering problem solving, data analyses, Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles. This position is to support first shift factory operations.
Responsibilities may include:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Provides test engineering support on current production programs and supports overall manufacturing execution to meet cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Proactively identifies test improvements, and engages with factory and program teams to implement process changes and continuous improvement initiatives for achieving operational excellence.
- Day to day support of the test execution activities, driving defect reduction, root cause activities, and daily interaction with technicians, test engineers, ITE, factory and program team members.
- Analyze defect data to identify areas to improve test yield and reduce defects.
- Applies Six Sigma tools, lean manufacturing principles, engages in continuous improvement, and lead green belt projects to improve test throughput.
- Participates in creating and sustaining a spares and wearables inventory for test parts, Identifies risk items that ca lead to unexpected/unplanned test stand down time and develop preventative as well as corrective actions.
- Coordinate actions on calibration, repairs of test items including ITAs and cables.
- Leads and engage with cross-functional program teams on test stand and test procedure sell off activities.
- Guide, train and coach test technicians on running test and performing troubleshoot/debug for failure detection.
- Ensure that factory operations are in compliance with command media and required policy requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Eligible for Secret Security clearance
- Team oriented to seeks solutions with a collaborative approach
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Flexibility to work overtime
Associates Degree in EET or Equivalent and 7 Years of directly related experience OR 10 years of directly related experienceAbout BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.