C++ Software Engineer
Leidos is seeking a C++ Software Engineer to support the development and integration of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle programs that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across multiple Department of Defense agencies. The Software Engineer position is located at either the Lynnwood or Poulsbo, WA office with the potential to work remotely.
- The software engineer will develop software for maritime autonomous programs in the following areas:
- Design, implementation and debugging of autonomous applications in C++
- Software design and development using VisualCode, Eclipse, Qt Creator and other IDE’s on a Linux operating system.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc.).
- Implement various design patterns such as MVC, SOA, publish-subscribe and state machines using open standards, services and interfaces.
- Developing device drivers that implement serial and TCP/IP interfaces for controllers, actuators and sensors.
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, to include: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Awareness of Configuration Management principles
- Experience with version control system such as Git and/or SVN.
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Ability to juggle multiple programs, priorities, and tasking.
- Experience with Leidos processes and policies, or equivalent experience in other corporations
- Specific experience in the design, development, integration, and test of autonomous or remotely operated undersea vehicle systems
- Experience with MBSE Systems Modeling Language (SysML) tools such as Cameo Magic Draw
- Experience with ROS
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.