Aftermarket Product Engineer- Up to 15K Sign on Bonus
- Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed fulltime on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Culture: At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strengths. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues. We foster a diverse, inclusive, and team-oriented environment and provide opportunity for inner-team coaching and growth opportunities.
A day in the life of an Aftermarket Manufacturing Engineer consists of working side-by-side with hourly and salaried team members to find and eliminate waste in our processes, as well as ensuring compliance in repairing our products. Focusing on process bottlenecks such as trending quality defects, knowledge and training gaps, or general process inefficiencies, our Manufacturing Engineers are counted on to utilize Lean Manufacturing principles to continuously improve. Candidates need to be strong with analytical problem solving, digging down to root cause, and ensuring creative systemic corrective actions are implemented to prevent recurrence. We embrace change, and encourage each other to learn from our failures to drive better and better solutions in the future. Familiarity with automated and/or advanced manufacturing processes is a plus. Our Manufacturing Engineers also support our manufacturing floor in building standardized work instructions, and leading Kaizen events and process walks. If you’re a motivated problem solver, who enjoys a new type of challenge every day, this job is made for you!
Experience is always a plus, but entry-level candidates that are goal-oriented, driven by challenges, and willing to learn and grow in their skills are welcome to apply. Willing to train applicants with applicable background.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident statusRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
- Associates technical degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Enter FAA mandated Anti-Drug Pool. Subject to random drug testing.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, utilizing root cause analysis
- Ability to interpret technical specifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and organize multiple activities in a team environment
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience
- Skills and experience utilizing Oracle, Windchill or Data Analysis software
- General understanding of electronics manufacturing processes
- Exposure to Industry 4.0 concepts
- Ability to interpret and apply specifications, standards, and customer requirements
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.