Sr. Software Engineer
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an experienced SW Engineer to join a Agile Development Team to conduct software design and development activities for our USAF customer. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill to support business area growth in the Force Protection Market with an overall emphasis on Base Defense and Counter-sUAS (C-sUAS); providing a wide range of engineering support to enhance both Base Defense and C-sUAS operational capabilities in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click [Register to View] target="_blank">here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
We are seeking an experienced and motivated SW Engineer with Java skills and the desire to work on an exciting and fast paced project with the opportunity to learn from subject matter experts in the C-sUAS mission area. The individual will be the senior member of a SW product scrum team that designs and develops software to support the system level design, conduct unit testing and support SW integration testing and assist with troubleshooting and resolution of reported defects. The individual will collaborate with the program SW Architect, Deputy Product Owner and government customers to plan and execute the software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies. Additionally, the candidate will serve as a mentor to junior scrum team members. The candidate should enjoy working as part of large, geographically dispersed team. Individual should possess strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- BS degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or related field, and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience working in an Agile software development team
- Proven background in software development, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
- Experience with TDD and JUnit development
- Experience working with the following SW tools: Confluence, Jira, GitHub, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Foritfy, gradle
- Understanding of software design patterns
- US Citizenship and possess an active Secret Clearance
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Knowledge of pair-programming
- Knowledge of SW design and development of software in a microservice architecture.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies for deployment and IAC such as Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform and Ansible
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including microservices, containers, and hybrd cloud architectures
- Knowledge of SW development and deployment via a CI/CD pipeline.
- Active Top-Secret Clearance
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.