DF/Geolocation Systems Engineer Part Time
- Technical Skills/Experience (at least three required): Modeling and simulation, signal processing, direction finding, array calibration, geolocation, data association, Kalman filtering, tracking, statistics and computational electromagnetic modeling.
- Understands advanced radar, EW and/or SIGINT system principles and operation to include antenna and array topology, interferometry, beamforming, TDOA, FDOA, communication signals, radar signals, RF propagation, RF link analysis, co-site and co-channel interference.
- Strong computer skills for modeling, simulation, analysis, data reduction, and visualization as well as preparing appropriate reports and technical documents: MATLAB, Simulink, Python, MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Project/Visio, etc…
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability, along with follow-up and mentoring skills.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level or higher which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral presentation skills for interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, internal and external customers, suppliers and other performers.
- Ability to work independently in an engineering development environment.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.