Compliance Value Stream Spec I
- Coordinating value stream manufacturing execution and engages with factory employees as well as cross-functional team members to ensure production builds are aligned with factory compliance milestones and schedules.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and health regulations stated by internal company policy and Federal, State, and Local applicable standards.
- Participant in audits and tours within the factory. Addressing observations and findings as they are identified.
- Ensuring key business metrics are achieved within the factory and drives compliance corrective action. Utilizes data tools to monitor and develop actions to achieve quality, delivery and cost targets.
- Maintains product flow and demand pull. Understand the concepts of factory layouts, line balancing, defect prevention and continuous improvements to ensure the most efficient flow is achieved.
- Provide leadership to the manufacturing personnel by coaching and developing personnel. Assuring the manufacturing team members have the necessary training and the training matrices are updated.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork among personnel throughout and across the factory programs. Provides leadership consistent with the Mission and Guiding Principles.
- Serve as the focal point to communicate and resolve compliance issues within their factory and between other factories. Coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary to ensure commitments are achieved. Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Provide a single point of contact between Manufacturing and Operations personnel for providing status and resolving problems within the factory.
- Develop a broad cultural understanding of the Lean process. Establish the visual factory and empower the manufacturing team to achieve a smooth flow of both priority and routine tasks.
- Leads daily production meetings, and presents status of compliance in cross-functional team meetings.
- Identifies errors and initiates corrective action and monitors the quality date to ensure the effectiveness of the corrective action. Supports corrective action reviews and participates in identifying root causes and corrective actions within the value stream.
- Understanding and ensuring product costs are achieved within the value stream. Identify areas for cost take out and work with the manufacturing team to identify and implement plans to reduce or eliminate bottlenecks within the value stream. Possesses an unrelenting desire to identify and implement cost take out activities and engage in defect prevention activities.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in implementing change in manufacturing areas.
- Experience with Lean Systems and/or Six Sigma
- Sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.