Senior Process Engineer (First Shift)
- Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
The Electronic Warfare Integrated Manufacturing Center (EW-IMC) New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line is responsible for the first unit builds of new hardware designs. This includes the development and maturation of the associated build processes, programming, and tooling in preparation for rate production. This requires close collaboration with the design community and requires being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment. The NPI Pilot Line plays a critical, exciting, and unique role that helps ensure that future production runs are successful.
Process Engineering is a fast-paced, versatile, diverse, and critical role. Process Engineers are an essential catalyst in facilitating/executing to meet customer needs and providing crucial feedback from the production floor. Collaborative and dynamic in nature, this role must be adaptive, agile, and display ownership over their responsibilities. Approaching tasks with sense of urgency, being open to change, maintaining a positive attitude, and being a self-starter, are important attributes to being successful within the NPI team. This role is predominately focused on the module/box and upper level assemblies. Due to the agile nature of NPI group, there may be times when cross training into the circuit card assembly (CCA) area is required.
Responsibilities may include:
• Design of manufacturing plans (prototype/deliverable) in accordance with industry/BAE standards
• Creation and maintenance of manufacturing policies and procedures
• Creation and review of Process Change Requests (PCRs)
• Provide timely floor support to operators and equipment o Create rework instruction • Demonstrate ownership of product qualityo Drive defects to root cause
o Advocate for and implement preventative measures/solutions
o Perform defect and HPU deep dive analysis• Review of engineering drawing, Bills of Material (BOMs), and design for manufacturability
• Coordinate/populate/facilitate Transition to Production (TTP) process in a timely manner
• Prepare Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
• Participate in AS9145 activities including PFMEA, DFMEA, and MFA (Manufacturing Feasibility Analysis)
• Actively participate in Program CDR/PDR/IDR as assessor
• Fixture, tool, and process aid design/fabrication/validation
• Equipment proposal/setup/validation
• Perform safety assessments, as required
• Identify/propose/execute Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives
• Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Requires an Engineering Bachelor’s of Science Degree and at least six (6) years of directly related experience.
• Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and communicating with team members, Programs, Process Engineers, Engineering Assistants, Specification Writers, and Operators
• Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast-paced environment
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Receptive to change, learning new things, and evolving in dynamic environment
• Have or able to obtain Secret security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Experience in working in New Product Introduction environments and transitioning designs to production
• Knowledge of Change Orders (CO's) and the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Current IPC-A-610 certification
• Experience in CAD software
• Proficient in Solumina MES
• Have or able to obtain quality stamp
• Lean six sigma greenbelt or higher
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.