Business Technology Officer -- Electronic Solutions
- Partners proactively with sector business leaders to identify ways to leverage/exploit business technology as a discriminator to enable the business to growth via enhanced efficiency, collaboration, and innovation
- Develops the business technology strategy and capabilities roadmap for the assigned sector or major functions that help achieve a growth strategy or IBP.
- Documents business requirements and collaborates with Enterprise Shared Services-Information Technology (ESS-IT) and – Inc. Information Security for the development of solution alternatives.
- Anticipates and shapes the business solutions based on input from: members of the sector, major functions and technology vendors to formulate the requirements.
- Represent the sector within the IT organization to select solutions that meet the needs of the business and ensures that the balance between scope, timing, quality and cost are maintained with new solutions introduction.
- Leads efforts to improve the customer agility, efficiency, innovation capabilities, and quality of products and services, primarily through the introduction of innovative business processes and alignment of technology.
- Serve as the change ambassador to sector personnel to drive increased adoption for Inc.-level technology initiatives.
- Influence standards creation across all IT services and ensure adoption of those standards in their respective Sector.
- Collaborates with business leaders and other BTOs to identify synergies to leverage and standardize solutions that fit enterprise requirements that deliver better solutions/services to customers.
- Partners with ESS-IT to ensure the IT infrastructure and service delivery model is robust and resilient to meet the current and future business needs.
- Reports directly to the CIO with a dotted line to Sector leadership.
- Participate in sector business planning, initiatives and business development efforts to gain an understanding of future business needs. Responsible for leveraging this information to identify technology gaps that need to be addressed and develop the business technology vision, strategy and capabilities roadmap for the sector to drive innovation and introduce business discriminators. Ensure alignment of business technology strategy and sector/business strategy.
- Responsible for communicating sector business technology vision, strategy and capabilities roadmap to the sector and ESS-IT organization to ensure technology developed and delivered meets the needs of the business. Recommends solutions based on business-enablement and cost consideration. Serves as broker between business and IM to ensure solutions fit business needs.
- Responsible for initiating opportunities for cross-sector collaboration on business technology. Engage key stakeholders to drive opportunities for cost savings and increased efficiency while ensuring alignment with enterprise architecture and strategy. Engage ESS-IT for execution of service delivery elements.
- Responsible for identifying collaboration and communication capabilities for the sector to enable efficient and effective interaction with external and internal partners.
- Recommend and lead efforts to develop requirements for flexible and innovative processes, business technology and systems that meet the changing business needs to aid in improving customer responsiveness, efficiency, and innovation in the offering of products and services.
- Communicate benefits to the sector leadership of leading edge technologies deployed by ESS-IT. Advocate within the sector for increased utilization of new business technology as it is introduced.
- Serve as the sector’s focal point to for corporate network security investigations and/or incidents involving sector personnel
- Accountable for sector-level IT budgets to include all IT spend that occurs within the sector.
- Partner with ESS-IT to ensure sector business needs are met and serve as the business advocate to ensure:
- Adherence to allocated service delivery budget (ESS-IT manages the service delivery budget)
- Technical requirements meet business needs, expectations and budgets are aligned
- Solution alternatives are selected that meet the needs of the business or function
- Global business needs and requirements are reflected in services delivered
- Accountable for establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships across the CIO organization to facilitate shared objectives across the enterprise.
- Accountable to initiate stakeholder engagement for demand management based on changes in business needs.
- Establish and maintain a sector infrastructure & application refresh program to meet all security and business requirements
Experience: More than 15+ years of relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Strong business acumen, diagnostic information gathering, collaboration, strategic focus, adaptability, communication, discernment/judgement, negotiation, influencing others, customer service
Problem Solving: Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision
Interpersonal Skills: Skilled communicator who influences and shapes the image of a complex program, line of business, and sector
Negotiation skills: Negotiates at high levels with senior leaders, and on occasion external relationship
Project Management: Senior team leader responsible for work flow which is varied in nature with situations frequently requiring new and innovative solutions
Budget: Ability to set and meet IT budgets for sector, including direct and pooled resourcesPreferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Education: Master's Degree
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.