Job Description Looking for an opportunity to work for a company that offers outstanding Benefits? BAE Systems Jacksonville Ship Repair Division may be the answer. We are presently hiring for multiple openings in our Insulation Department.
Insulators are responsible for the installation and/or removal of insulation of any component onboard ships in various stages of repair and modernization. Measures, cuts and/or fabricates materials for insulation application to bulkheads, overheads, piping, ducts, machinery and equipment to reduce loss or absorption of heat, prevent moisture condensation, and to deaden sound. Performs related tasks as assigned some of which may become essential to the position.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills · 1-4 years’ experience in all facets of lagging and insulation in the commercial and or Industrial Environment.
· Must have knowledge of many different types of insulation and its appropriate use
· Basic math and measuring skills; fabrication and installation of removable covers; reading specifications and blueprint; cutting miters for all piping insulation.
· Must comply with Company safety rules and OSHA standards.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a DBIDS pass.
· Must be able to use hand tools, power tools and shop machinery safely and efficiently
· Must be flexible to working all shifts (1st, 2nd)
· Must have own tools
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills · 1-4 years’ experience in all facets of lagging on military or commercial vessels.
· Knowledge of piping systems, ship layout, layout patterns for hull boards and lagging materials
· Knowledge of application of insulation on board ships for types of piping, machinery and ventilation systems
· Knowledge of asbestos abatement helpfulAbout BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.