|Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.|
Come see what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced systems – Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems. You'll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
BAE Systems is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join a growing multi-disciplinary development team in Rome, New York. The successful candidate will participate in an agile team environment developing new features and maintaining software on a rapidly growing program.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a computer related field
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is required
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Able to deliver in agile sprint cycles
- The ability to engage constructively with peers and technical lead to communicate the technical approach, trade-offs, and technical decisions.
- Understanding and application of modern software development and systems engineering practices, design principles, techniques, and technologies.
- Highly motivated and able to work well in both team and solo settings
- Excellent team player who is willing to contribute in any capacity
- Safe Agile (GITLAB)
- Security+ Certified
- Continuous Integration/Deployment
- GeoAxis Integration
- SONAR Scan analysis
- Unit testing
- Adhoc demos
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.