1901 Group currently has an opening for a SOC Analyst in its Blacksburg, VA office.
As a SOC Analyst, you will utilize a Security Information Event Management system to:
- Monitor and analyze security events of interest to detect security risks and threats on the customer’s network
- Continuously tune and create rules to identify anomalies within firewall, IDS, IPS activity to allow the Security Operations Center (SOC) to rapidly identify and respond to security events
- Identify incidents and support the investigation of such incidents to not only mitigate the current threat but also prevent future occurrence
- Support requests for data by the customer and/or other teams.
- Perform threat hunting by analyzing information from various sources
Play a major role with vulnerability identification and management by:
- Performing vulnerability scans, analyze results, and lead efforts to resolve the findings throughout the environment
- Working with system administrators to document and validate secure benchmarks (CIS, DISA STIG, secure configurations) applied to information systems
- Supporting escalation to and work closely with Sr. analysts and engineers as required
Work closely with Operations & the Incident Response Team to:
- Support and enhance the incident response process and procedures
- Monitor and respond to events and alerts from the SIEM, investigating events of interest and escalating to senior SOC members.
- Identify & track vulnerabilities using the provided scan engines and report on their remediation progress.
- Configure vulnerability scan engines to perform authenticated scans against systems for accurate reporting.
- Improve upon customer’s detection and response capabilities. Provide tuning and filtering recommendations to engineering team.
- Create tickets & tasks tracking investigations, remediation, and requests.
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Present findings to SOC members and customer Information Assurance teams
- Perform research against applicable CVEs to identify mitigating controls to support documenting the waivers, false positives, or risk exceptions.
- Support the SOC and its customers drafting applicable planned objectives, actions, and milestones (POA&M) reports.
- Provide input and documentation for security controls mapped against secure frameworks such as NIST SP 800-37 and NIST SP 800-53.
- Support requests for data by the customer and/or other teams and present findings to management.
- Mentor and train other information security operations analysts
- Stay abreast of current threats and vulnerabilities, particularly those that may directly impact the customer.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, or related field and 2+ years of prior work experience.
- Must be able to obtain an agency clearance.
- Currently possess CompTIA Security+ or CySA
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Certifications such as CCNA CyberOps, CISA, GCIA, GCIH, or AWS Cloud Practioner or Associate-level certifications desired
- Experience with enterprise antivirus solutions
- Experience with vulnerability scanners such as [Register to View] or [Register to View] Nessus Professional, or Rapid7 Nexpose
- Previous experience as a member of an Incident Response team.
- Previous experience as a member of an audit/assessment team
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.