Software Test Engineer - Automation
- Work within Agile teams to provide early exploratory testing during the development phase.
- Add tasks and acceptance tests to user stories to ensure that the definition of done includes a zero defect strategy.
- Assist developers with unit test automation to enable Test Driven Development whenever feasible.
- Design, code and deploy automated test scripts.
- Run automated tests and/or load test profiles and analyzing the results.
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with innovative technologies.
- Constantly challenge beliefs, assumptions, process and products with a prescient eye to the industry.
- Must possess an active Intel Clearance with a favorable polygraph. Will not be considered without it.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and success leading test automation initiatives
- Penchant for finding ways to get things done
- Thrive in an independent, dynamic “start-up” like environment
- Passionate about agile testing and continuous improvement in the context of application lifecycle management
- Well organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with one or more test automation tools, preferably open source tools and headless browsers
- Experience automating both UI as well as back end interfaces
- Strong working knowledge of testing methodologies and strategies
- Ability to query databases and create test data
- Experience working in an Agile development framework, preferably as an embedded tester in Scrum team.
- Self-starter with no supervision needed to get up to speed on a project
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Hands-on experience with record and playback tools such as: Selenium IDE, Katalon Studio
- Hands-on experience with headless automated integration API or UI testing tools such as Katalon Studio, SoapUI, Selenium Webdriver, [Register to View] TestCafe, Jest
- Experience with load and performance testing tools such as: JMeter, LoadRunner, Tricentis, Flood
- Scrum Master experience
- AWS experience
- Working knowledge of GitHub using pull requests, feature branching and code versioning
- Working knowledge of Jenkins for build/test/delivery automation
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Working in a Linux / Unix environment
- Working knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), RESTful web services, API development, and Messaging (JMS, SQS)
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.