Technical Director - Electronic Combat Systems
- Required Degree, Skills and Experience:
- BS in Engineering or Physics, Masters preferred.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance or above
- Minimum of 17 years of related DoD and technology applications experience in leadership and engineering roles
- Demonstrated technical leadership and domain expertise in Electronic Warfare Systems
- Ability to formulate a strategic vision, define and implement action plans to achieve goals in a changing environment
- Extensive technical leadership experience in the development of complex electronic systems and leading engineering teams on new business pursuits
- Strong collaboration and integration skills
- Prior work experience giving technical briefs or presentations after synthesizing or generating technical materials from multidisciplinary sources.
- New Business strategy and business development experience including leading proposal efforts
- Strong communication and leadership skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills
- Current DoD TS/SCI clearance
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
- Modeling and Simulation experience
- Experience with model-based systems engineering
- Airborne platform EW system performance analysis
- Ability to visualize system functionality, to create block diagrams, and to analyze system performance
- Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
- Ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
- Familiarity with DoD customer infrastructure with respect to electronic warfare, missile launch detection, command and control, telemetry, flight test, kill chains, fixed wing, and/or rotary wing and unmanned systems.
- Understanding of the Product Development Cycle
- Intellectual Property portfolio managementAbout BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.