Principal Material and Process Engineer(Hybrid) - Military GPS
|Join us at our brand new location in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The Navigation and Sensor Systems organization is a growing business area developing the next generation of advanced military navigation systems. If you have a Material Engineering background, then this is the place to be. Pilots may fly aircraft, but our navigation systems create the route and keep those pilots on course. What are you waiting for! Come be part of the immediate solution in Cedar Rapids and "plant your flag".|
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” BAE Systems continues to build on a strong history of providing navigation equipment to meet the evolving needs of commercial and military users. Our navigation solutions provided enhanced situational awareness and pinpoint accuracy for airborne and surface missions worldwide. Leading the way in GPS systems, our array of products cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications. Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Role: In this role, you will:
Because this role is a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split working onsite and remotely.
- Must have a degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Must have 6+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s of Science or 4+ years of experience with a Masters of Science degree.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes used in Electronic assemblies.
- US Citizen
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret security clearance
- 10+ years of material and process experience combined
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Material Engineering , Chemistry or Chemical
- Experience with Electronics Manufacturing Materials and Processes
- Expertise in several of these manufacturing processes: adhesives, potting, curing, chemicals and soldering
- Experience with Failure Analysis
- Familiarity with IPC and JEDEC standards
- Familiarity with 2nd level interconnect solder joint reliability
- Familiarity with Ion Chromatography and Surface Insulation Testing
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.