Instructional Systems Designer
We are seeking an Instructional Designer to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. This Senior Instructional Designer position will support the Real Estate, Information Technology, Engineering, and Support Services (RITES) team on the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC) with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The Instructional Designer will create training courses and supporting materials for use by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). While working closely with FAA stakeholders, subject matter experts and senior instructional designer; this candidate will be responsible for conceptualization, design, development, implementation and evaluation of instructor-led and eLearning training programs and course materials. The candidate must have experience in federal government or large organization course design and development, along with knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies.
• Execute all facets of the training development life-cycle for various training types, including instructor-led courses, web-based and online training, blended learning, micro-learning and performance support using current instructional design methodologies, innovation and best practices in learning and development.
• Select and design innovative instructional and learning strategies and associated technologies to optimize learning and achieve learning objectives.
• Develop, execute, and test training courses and performance support products.
• Perform quality assurance and quality control activities, including SME reviews, design reviews, course pilots, and retrospectives.
• Create and conduct training evaluations, both formative and summative, across all levels for maximum impact
• Bachelor’s degree required in Instructional Design, Adult Education, or similar concentration with 4 - 8 years of experience, or Master’s degree with 6 plus years of relevant experience.
• Minimum 8 years of experience with adult learning theory, learner-centric curriculum development, and instructional design project management.
• Experience in designing federal government instructor-led training for classroom, webinar, and blended learning training delivery formats.
• Ability to establish effective terminal and enabling learning objectives, and create course content to support them.
• Experience in designing engaging learning activities and compelling course content for adult learners.
• Experience in designing adult training that meets federal Section 508 compliance regulations and guidelines.
• Ability to identify criteria that will be used to evaluate adult learner performance, and develop assessment instruments.
• Knowledge of standard project management skills and techniques to ensure effective controls while handling multiple training development activities.
• Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in order to facilitate discussion and collaboration with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) instructional designer, subject matter experts and stakeholders.
• Experience with the following software suites: Adobe Creative Cloud, Articulate 360, Microsoft Office, Camtasia, SnagIt.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
• Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, or similar concentration.
• Success in developing Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) instructor-led training courses.
• Experience in designing adult learning for acquisition workforce related topics including; the FAA Acquisition Management System (AMS), real estate training for 1170s.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.