Job Description At BAE Systems, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose BAE Systems as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join BAE Systems and help shape our future while creating yours.
BAE Systems is looking for a Manufacturing Electrical Engineer with experience to work in our Microelectronics manufacturing facility in Coralville. This position will work with a variety of technology while supporting multiple product lines in our Navigation & Sensor Systems Operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in understanding manufacturing test procedures, troubleshooting complex RF and digital circuitry, and communicating solutions to a broad range of audiences.
This position will be part of an integrated product line staff that will support test solutions for new and existing GPS portfolio of products. This team will be transitioning from Coralville facility into a brand new engineering/manufacturing facility on South side of Cedar Rapids in the September 2022. Time management, prioritization, multitasking, and clear communication skills are a must. Daily tasks will include working in close coordination with test technicians, industrial engineers, design engineers, assembly operators, and other support staff. The candidate that will fill this position will benefit from software experience/expertise in applications such as lab view, National Instruments test stand application, Minitab data analysis tools, and use of troubleshooting equipment, not limited to: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM’s, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position also requires support and troubleshooting of Environmental Stress Simulation, vibration test equipment and other software suites.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site.
This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Qualified candidates will have the following:
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident with Green Card is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Implementing and managing automated test handlers into product line test solutions.
- Evaluate data for Trend and Yield analysis of defect modes.
- Lead Capacity planning and analysis of product specific equipment.
- Evaluate, select and recommend capital test equipment when appropriate using sound cost/payback analysis.
- Provide strategic long term goals to team with roadmap for execution.
- Evaluate new product test solutions focusing on maximizing test coverage and fit in the manufacturing process.
- Prepare and present project/technical information to peers, internal management and customers
- Lead team in executing lean electronics improvement activities.
- Coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing production priorities and schedules.
- Provide technical assistance and training support for test technician training program.
- Provide leadership in driving to root cause and corrective actions to address test fail modes
- Support production schedule.
- Continuously evaluate process flow and remove barriers impeding yield and throughput goals.
- Evaluate higher assembly level failures of cognizant components and associate those failures to component level testing.
- Collaborates with Design Engineers to analyze and resolve design tolerance problems.
- Coordinates design changes or improvements between OPS and Design Engineering teams.
A successful candidate will possess:
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Experience operating in a cleanroom environment is a plus.
- Experience in component level testing is a plus.
- Circuit analysis (ability to understand circuit function from schematic) is required.
- Knowledge of ASIC technologies is a plus.
- Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to delegate work to other team members as necessary in order to meet commitments.
- Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
- Manufacturing test solution support experience is a plus.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.