Senior EW Chief Engineer
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.BAE Systems is looking for an Electronic Warfare, EW, Systems Engineer that will be involved in developing, integrating and testing complex real time embedded electronic warfare systems. Motivated and positive minded engineers must hold an active United States security clearance and skilled in areas needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
This position will involve developing, integrating and testing new Electronic Warfare (EW) systems. In this position you will perform systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts, and/or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex EW systems.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site.
This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Responsibilities may include:
- Working on a team of engineers (Hardware, Software and Systems) on EW related programs performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
- Problem solving in a large real time complex EW system environment
- Interfacing with EW SME’s on Modeling complex EW systems
- Requirement analysis / management for complex EW system
- Evaluate or develop complex system designs and architectures
- Develop Functional Performance and Qualification test plans and/or procedures
- Write Functional Performance and Qualification test reports
- Contribute to a major customer reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, and/or TRR)
- Perform system level integration and test of a complex EW system
- Verify and validate complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements
- Support external testing (e.g., Range test, Flight test, etc)
- Analyze and develop Electronic Attack (EA) techniques to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Lead / Chief engineer experience
- Leadership skills and experience mentoring engineers on complex programs
- System Architecture experience
- Requirements Management / Analysis experience
- Defect Data Base tracking tools
- Understanding of Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities and processing
- In-depth understanding of radar signal processing techniques
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Active Secret clearance
- Design knowledge of EW systems hardware as it relates to detection and countering of radar and missile systems engagement
- Understanding of radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements
- Understanding of RWR and SIGINT systems
- Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT and DRFM
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance
- Familiar with DOD Acquisition process
- Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statement
- Knowledge of radar signal processing techniques