Job Description Job Description:
Join us at our brand new location in Cedar Rapids. The Navigation and Sensor Systems organization is a growing business area developing the next generation of advanced military navigation systems. If you have an Engineering background, then this is the place to be. Pilots may fly aircraft, but our navigation systems create the route and keep those pilots on course. What are you waiting for! Come be part of the immediate solution in Cedar Rapids and "plant your flag".
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –
from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land,
sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing
strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up
your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those
Who Protect Us®.” BAE Systems continues to build on a strong history of providing navigation equipment to meet the evolving needs of commercial and military users. Our navigation solutions provided enhanced situational awareness and pinpoint accuracy for airborne and surface missions worldwide. Leading the way in GPS systems, our array of products cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications. Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Engineering: Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
Full-time onsite:Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and /or the requirement to perform all work on site due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site.This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.Who You Are:
- You may be involved in several of these areas of the design process including requirements capture, design and PCB layout, integration, verification, test, transition to manufacturing, collateral support and customer interface.
- You will support design and integration with other team members including hardware, software, systems, test and operations as necessary.
- The successful applicant should be knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of engineering principals.
- Be able to work full-time onsite at our Cedar Rapids, Iowa facility
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You possess good organizational skills
- You have the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Must have completed your junior year of a four year degree program in a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with CAD software
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Going into your Senior year for a Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Knowledgeable with 3D printing techniques
- Familiar with machine shop equipment
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.