Customer Support Engineer
DescriptionJob Description:Job Responsibilities:
- Ability to quickly respond to system anomalies and independently make configuration updates to ensure 99.999% system availability requirements.
- Analyze Linux log data to effectively administer and maintain Oracle Identity and Access Management stack.
- Monitor system performance and take corrective actions as required
- Design, develop and implement new application monitoring software, as well as customizing existing monitoring tools to fit program needs.
- Investigate and resolve user application access issues.
- Resolve name change issues by updating system directory/LDAP with appropriate attribute changes from customer database.
- Document incidents, workaround, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Perform system checkouts and testing of system upgrades and patches in the operational environments
- Coordinate with enterprise partners on system outages and make decisions on system failover to different availability zones or data centers.
- Independently represent the program in supporting consumer or mission partner maintenance activities
- Coordinate communications with End Users, Tier 1, Tier 3, Management, mission partners, and Government Leadership
- Review and report meaningful metrics
- Produce written guides and operational procedures on how to utilize specific software tools to include custom Linux scripts and tailored COTS products.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BS and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Comfortable discussing technical information with users and other support personnel
- Ability to quickly learn new software and IT concepts
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as an integral member of a team
- Linux/UNIX experience
- May need have shift schedule ability to work Panama shift schedule, to include weekends when needed.
Requires an active Top Secret security clearance upon hire and must meet SCI eligibility. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within the customer’s timeline after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
This is a funded position but contingent upon the security clearance crossing overPay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $91,000.00 - $122,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.