Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Risk Management Framework (RMF) Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Information Assurance/Security Specialist) to support our Information Environment section supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) National Cyber Range Complex (NCRC).
This facility supports the Test Resource Management Center’s (TRMC) mission to provide realistic cybersecurity environments for test and evaluation of major DoD acquisition programs and to enable the conduct of realistic training and certification events for the DoD Cyber Mission Force. The NCRC facility may also support non-DoD customers such as Department of Homeland Security (DHS), industry, academia and international partners.
The successful candidate will serve at the Orlando, Florida site.
This position is contingent upon award.
The RMF SME is responsible to the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for ensuring RMF compliance in accordance with applicable regulations, guidance and direction. The candidate is directly responsible for RMF Documentation and Oversight of RMF processes affecting NCRC range operations and maintaining the NCRC range authority to operate.
The RMF SME will be responsible for transitioning to RMF 2.0 when that policy is approved for use. Serves as the an information risk advisor to the ISSO, the IE director, and the Program Manager.
May perform other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 8+ Years with HS; 6+ Years with AA; 4+ Years with BS; 2+ Years with MS; 0+ Years with PhD
- Candidates with Armed Forces college courses or Associate Degree, extensive certification, and additional experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- DoD 8570.01M/ IAT-I certification within 6 months of assignment to position (A+ CE, CCNA-Security, CND, Network+ CE, SSCP)
- Interim Secret
- Demonstrated and detailed understanding of the DoD Risk Management Framework (DoDI 8510 and NIST SP 800-53)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Master’s Degree in a STEM subject, particularly systems engineering, network engineering, or cybersecurity OR
- Associates or Bachelors degree in computer science, or engineering or its equivalent with 15+ years' relevant experience
- High degree of organization and communications skills
- Active, Reserve, or National Guard military service with network or cyber security experience
- IAT level II (CAP, GSLC, CISM, CISSP (or Associate))
- IAT level III (CISA, GSE, SCNA, GCIH, CISSP (or Associate)) or IAM Level III (GSLC, CISM, CISSP (or Associate))
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.