Tier II Helpdesk Specialist
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Are you looking for your next “great mission” professionally? Do you feel like you have more to give, want to learn new skills and be part of a team with a rewarding mission supporting our active military? Leidos has the perfect job for you! We are looking for a highly skilled, technical, and adaptable Tier III Help Desk Specialist to support our Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application (IACRA) and the Civil Aviation Registry Electronic Services (CARES) programs in the Federal Aviation Association (FAA) Registry in Oklahoma City, OK. This is supporting the modernization of Aircraft, Airmen and Drone Registration and Certification capabilities for the (FAA) under the Department of Transportation (DOT).
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a virtual Tier III Help Desk Specialist to remotely supporting the CARES task force for the FAA Registry located in Oklahoma City, OK. As a core member of the Leidos team, you will support the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC) in the global deployment of our proposed CARES system and continued support of current IACRA system that will deliver improved system capability to the FAA Registry whenever and wherever aviation support is required. This is one of the most exciting, cutting-edge programs that you can be a part of with Team Leidos. Our solutions will improve the quality of service for Civil Aviation stakeholders and their partners. Let’s talk about how good it feels when you know you are making that kind of difference!! If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more, click [Register to View] !
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Provide Tier II project-level Service Desk functions to include evaluating, processing, tracking, reporting, and resolution of trouble tickets
Monitor ticket queues, evaluate tickets ensuring documented information is complete, correctly prioritized, and assign to appropriate Support Resources/Teams for expeditious resolution
Support mailbox, collaboration workspaces, databases, and applications performance
Through proactive system health monitoring, ensure Integrated Commercial Products with Custom Applications are always fully functioning within the client’s IT and Cyber Infrastructures.
Manage User Account provisioning for Integrated Commercial Products with Custom Applications
Assist with the development of the Support Environment (e.g. Manage Knowledge Bases and their Articles)
- Work, under supervision and collaboratively with Application Development, Integration, Network, Cybersecurity, other Tier III support, and Local Site Support teams.
- Support Dev Ops with the integration of commercial products with custom applications within the client’s IT and cyber infrastructures
- Understand/learn the design and functionality of new technologies within large scale infrastructures fully and rapidly
- Develop and utilize knowledge regarding Scope, Detail, and Administration of CARES / IACRA servers implemented within an AWS GovCloud hosting environment
- Effectively communicate, collaborate, and work closely with multiple Support Teams, Development teams, and other Stakeholders ensuring quick resolution of issues
- Handle routine tasks with no assistance and complete new assignments with general instructions
- Work on assignments using engineering judgement to resolve issues and make recommendations
- Follow and support the documentation of process and procedures
Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Technical BS Degree and minimum of 2+ years of prior relevant operational support experience. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Must agree to working in a remote environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; be professional and courteous with all communications
- Must be able to learn quickly, work independently, and be detail-oriented, and excellent time management skills
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills and the ability to own a technical task and work it to completion
- Experience in an operations environment with extensive phone and email interaction with end users to troubleshoot user issues and gather information to support resolution
Other Preferred Knowledge or Skills but not mandatory:
- Experience with JIRA ticket management tool
- Experience with ServiceNow ticket management tool
- Experience with Remedy ticket management tool
- Knowledge and experience supporting software applications in hybrid hosting environments
- Experience scripting (Bash, Python) in a Linux (RHEL) environment
- Experience performing System Administration within DOT hosting environments
- Ability to obtain and maintain Public Trust
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.