Job Description Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Precision Strike & Sensing Solutions (PS):
Precision Strike & Sensing Solutions (PS) designs and manufactures state-of-the-art systems and technology that enable our customers to execute their precision strike missions.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience supporting the development of process-compliant program and proposal master, intermediate, and detailed schedules
- Proactively engages in program execution and risk management
- Assists program management in periodic Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) updates and prepares reports for customer and/or business management personnel
- Supports the implementation of work-around or recovery plans
- Participates in and contributes to sector and company functional activities including tool evaluation, policy reviews, process management, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to support the team in monitoring program schedule performance and activities
- Experience supporting the development of critical and driving path analyses
- Supports that schedules are fully compliant with company, customer, and industry requirements (DID 81861, IPMR-Integrated Program Management Report)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in, Operations, Technical field of study, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar applicable discipline; or equivalent experience, and two (2) years of planning/scheduling experience; or a Master’s Degree and one (1) year of related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Preferred experience with Deltek Cobra
- Preferred experience with scheduling tools such as Milestones Professional, forProject-DCMA Analyzer, Barbecana Full Monte Schedule Risk, and WBS Pro
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth above
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
- Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
- Design and develop products and services using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.