Job Description Join a dynamic and mission critical business that spans a vibrant, growing and diverse portfolio of opportunities in the BAE Systems Electronic Systems Sector. Our flexible work provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We foster a healthy culture and a collaborative team environment. Grow your skills in a high intensity winning culture that provides an opportunity to interact daily with the key leaders across Business Development and the Sector. Our flexible work environment offers remote works options, flexible hours, and a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off. See why we have had over 400 “boomerang” employees return to be rehired at BAE ES within the past few years.
Enjoy the satisfaction of making a difference. Continue your career and grow your skills in a high intensity, team-based environment with a winning culture that provides an opportunity to interact daily with the key leaders across Business Development and the sector. Our role is to decrease uncertainty for capture teams through Competitive Intelligence and Price-to-Win analysis in order to increase their Probability of Winning (Pwin). Enjoy our work environment, offering flexible options, such as some remote work options, flexible hours, and a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off.
As Competitive Intelligence Lead, you will have the opportunity to influence the sector’s understanding of the competitive environment for strategic captures and influence strategies for winning new business. This key analytical position will influence architectures and offerings across the Electronic Systems Sector through CI analysis. A key component to success is comprehensive understanding of CI analysis, coaching and mentoring capture teams in the same, and supporting Price-to-Win (PTW) analysis. The successful candidate will utilize advanced CI analytical techniques to help the Electronic Systems Sector capture teams increase their Pwin while they solve their customers’ challenges.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team, and help the Electronic Systems Sector deliver advanced technologies and capabilities to provide the Warfighter a mission critical advantage. “We protect those who protect us®”.
- Development and execution of CI research and analysis. Applies deep functional expertise as a hands-on practitioner of CI, including Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) and Human Intelligence (HUMINT).
- Oversees the ethical collection of CI data (i.e., competitor capabilities, strengths, weaknesses, etc.). Translates data into expected competitor strategies and customer acquisition strategies.
- Develops detailed and analytically rigorous competitive assessments at the capture/tactical and campaign/sector levels to estimate their motivations, pressures, concurrencies, and trade-offs. Plans and facilitates Black Hat events to that end.
- Works closely with PTW analysts to provide necessary CI inputs to the PTW analytical process.
- Works closely with Capture Managers to incorporate CI outputs into capture and bid strategies.
- Ensures CI outputs and products are of high quality and provide actionable insight.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Pursuant to a specific U.S. Government contract, selected individual must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent resident.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Required education: Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or Engineering, or similar.
- 10+ years of experience in defense industry.
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence, and business capture.
- Winning intelligence analysis supporting opportunities of ~$100m and above.
- Extensive knowledge of CI research methodologies and analytic techniques; Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a significant workload and meet deadlines.
- Effective oral, written, and presentation-based communication; specifically, ability to communicate CI research and conclusions to senior management.
- Relationship building and influencing without direct authority.
- Extensive experience conducting CI analysis for a range of bid types (i.e., staff augmentation services to more complex technology solutions) for Intelligence and Defense contract opportunities.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or Engineering.
- Current Top Secret Clearance (SCI preferred)
- Direct experience with major contract types including Cost-Plus (AF/IF/FF) FFP and T&M.
- Experience bidding directly to the Intelligence Community/DoD and as prime or as a subcontractor to major defense primes.
- Experience applying CI gathering techniques for domestic pursuits.
- Prefer candidates that have completed corporate and/or external CI training programs (e.g., Shipley).
- Experience with top-down and bottom-up cost/price modeling (Top-down and bottom-up PTW analysis methodologies); understanding of wrap rates and indirect rates.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.