BAE Systems is currently recruiting for Electricians to join our Facilities team at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in Radford, VA. This position will start as a first shift position. Candidates must be able to work other shifts as required.
As an Electrician you will have the following responsibilities:
- Install, inspect and maintain all electrical equipment, using a wide variety of materials, tools and equipment.
- Fabricate and install all types of copper or aluminum bus bars, conduits, wiring, control panel wiring and equipment using suitable wiring diagram including explosion and dust tight equipment.
- Install and adjust AC-DC brushes.
- Ability to reverse a 3-phase motor.
- Ability to hook-up and seal electrical relays.
- Ability to hook-up a start/stop circuit.
- Lay out and fabricate materials for installations or repair of equipment, working from electrical drawings or diagrams.
- Locate, disassemble, test, reassemble or correct and service any motor, starter, control, circuit breaker or circuits on lines of any voltages, frequency or AC-DC current.
- Exercise extreme caution and watch out for safety of men working with him when working on any electrical circuits.
- Multi-skilled to assist and perform other FESA (Electronics, Instrument, Scale) base craft work as directed.
- May be responsible for directing the work of as many as five area mechanics or helpers without the direct supervision of a foreman of supervisor.
- Perform work to a high standard in a safe, efficient and economical manner.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis/5 Why on significant electrical breakdowns and equipment failures.
- Know and observe plant safety and housekeeping rules; especially, a Lock-Out, Tag-Out policy for multiple energy sources.
- Perform equipment PM’s per written specifications and recommend changes to PM job plans based on Root Cause Analysis performed and manufacturer recommendations.
- Know and observe plant safety and housekeeping rules.
Exerts frequent physical energy. Must be able to perform unassisted lift up to 40 pounds. Must be able to maintain valid State’s Driver’s License. Physically able to work from a ladder. Be able to work in confined spaces. Be able to work around chemicals and magnetic drive pumps.
Must be capable of working in all seasonal environment/conditions, such as the heat, rain, cold, and snow. Must be capable of working in an energetic and hazardous environment including possibly handling of energetic propellant and hazardous material. Must be capable of working in or around alcohol and ether fumes. Must be able to work around nitroglycerin or magnetic fields. Must wear proper protective equipment including, but not limited to, ARC flash, respirators, hard toe shoes, coveralls, head protection, eye, hand and hearing protection. May work extended hours, weekends, or holidays. Will work rotating shifts.Required Education, Experience, & Skills MUST have a High School diploma with a 3 years experience Journeyman card or AAS 2-year degree in electrical technology and apprenticeship program completion - any combination to be equivalent to 5 years experience.
2-3 years of industrial electrical experience, Desktop computer skills and Microsoft Office skills
Maintain a valid State Driver’s License
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.