Electric Distribution Design Engineering Manager
No two career paths will ever look the same. At [Register to View] , we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.Currently, we have a remote opportunity for Electric Distribution Design Engineering Manager for electric utility distribution design engineering in Seattle, Washington. While this is a remote position, successful candidates must live in the greater Seattle area to provide local support to our utility client as required.
Your team of approximately ten engineering professionals is eagerly awaiting your expertise and guidance. Your client is a major electric utility serving more than 460,000 customers. Your job is to work directly with the client to make sure your staff is serving their ever-evolving distribution engineering needs. How you develop your team and grow your client relationship is up to you.
Leidos is trusted and future-focused solutions provider. This engineering manager role is within the distribution design engineering arm of Leidos’ Power Delivery Solutions (PDS) group. Utilities consistently come to PDS for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
For this Seattle area client, Leidos is currently providing the following services:
· Third-party joint use design and application management
· 5G wireless co-location design and application management
· Streetlight troubleshooting and maintenance design
· On-call distribution engineering services
· On-call electrification and grid modernization engineering and consulting services
· Large project management support
You will not need to report into the office on a regular basis in this role, but you will be expected to meet with your team regularly, whether out in the field, at the client’s facility, or at the Leidos office. Up to 25% of your staff’s time can be out in the field surveying distribution infrastructure, and they will need your direct training and support while they are there. The rest of your time will be focused on your team’s performance, the quality of your team’s designs, and meeting the changing needs of the client.
We need to know that you have the skills to perform this job, and that is why we are looking for candidates with experience in:
· The National Electric Safety Code (NESC)
· Structural pole modeling (e.g., O-Calc, Pole Foreman, Spida-Calc)
· Electrical power calculations
· CAD design (e.g., AutoCAD, MicroStation)
· GIS design
· Utility work management systems (e.g., Oracle WAMS, Maximo, STORMS)
· Utility design and construction standards
· Project management
· Financial management
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
· Professional Engineer License (PE)
· Project Management Professional (PMP)
· Leadership training
· Management opportunities
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree is required and a minimum of four (4) + years of prior relevant experience: relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering
· Experience with distribution engineering design, preferably in joint use engineering for utility pole communication attachments.
· Your own reliable transportation
Nice to haves:
· EIT/FE credentials or PE license
· Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills and supporting of customer advocacy
· Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
· Positive attitude
· Ability to work with limited supervision
· Professional dress and demeanor
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies."
PDSDLINEPay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.