Program Financial Control Analyst
Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Finance Analyst IV. The Program Finance Analyst participates in the financial planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of a portfolio of programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination, development, and presentation of the project’s financial status to both internal and external customers.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
With oversight by the Financial Business Operations Manager, the candidate will support the project team members in the planning, tracking, analysis, financial planning, and reporting of the program. Requires hands-on leadership in the development, maintenance, and/or tracking of Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and related dictionaries, work authorization process, funding management, subcontractor management, material control, cost collection, technical performance, integrated analysis /reporting, forecasting, pricing, and assist with quarterly Estimates at Completion (EACs) analysis.
This position involves significant interaction with the FB&O Manager and Program Managers, and will also involve interaction with Ops/Line Management, Finance personnel, Contracts personnel, Procurement, senior technical personnel, and various other functional or support organizations. This individual will work independently while contributing to the team through reporting, analyzing, estimating, and auditing. Responsibilities will include preparation of written and verbal reports to program team and management regarding program performance.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting with minimum 8 years professional experience or Masters level degree with 6 years professional experience
- Comprehensive Program Finance experience; familiar with multiple contract types
- Detail oriented, independent worker, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel experience and government contracting experience
- Requires a broad knowledge of this field and the ability to complete difficult assignments. Must have ability to analyze problems for root cause and identify corrective actions.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of cost and schedule development and controls.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to carry out and understand assignments, and/or convey or exchange routine information.
- Applying principles of finance and accounting to analyze financial statements for monthly/quarterly/annual financial Outlooks, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Estimates at Complete (EAC) and contractual deliverables;
- Internal financial activities such as invoicing support, accruals, and program financial revenue projections and variance analysis;
- Ad-hoc cost and performance analysis;
- Strong organization, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must be a US Citizen in order to obtain a security clearance if needed.
- Specific experience with the Leidos tool suite to include CostPoint/Deltek, Fusion, SLICS is highly desirable and Contract Setup Processes
- Planning and Forecasting
- EVMS experience
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.