Senior Software GIS Engineer
Support the development of the NCBRE Analysis Toolset (NATs), primarily in the role as a Software/GIS Engineer. The primary work location for this position is in sunny San Diego, CA, however, the role can be worked 100% remotely.
- Integrate the existing IWMDT map into the NATs infrastructure through IOC with heavy java sw work
- Continue the integration of advanced IWMDT map features into the NATs infrastructure post-IOC
- Migrate the ArcGIS map server to the ESRI container based version of ArcGIS map server.
- Develop new NATs map user features using feedback from developers and stakeholders during the development of new NATs capabilities.
- Develop new map 3D capabilities as they are defined by the user community. The existing 3D capabilities use Cesium, this may be converted to ESRI in the future.
- Research the possibility of using alternative 2D and 3D map tools and servers that are not ESRI proprietary tools.
Must have proven experience with the following GIS tools and capabilities:
- Bachelors Degree and 12+ years of experience with experience to be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Requires a Secret clearance to get access to the software repositories and testing facilities. The work is unclassified, and the software repositories and testing sites are unclassified.
- ArcGIS Pro/ArcMap.
- ArcGIS API for Python (ArcPy) and Python 3.x.
- ArcGIS Server 10.8.
- ArcGIS Webadaptor.
- Spatial Databases.
- Data Visualization.
- Postgres with PostGIS extension and SQL.
- RESTful Web Service.
- Java programming experience.
- Development using virtual machines.
- Java Spring.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.