Leidos is in search of a Technical Manager who has experience leading a small to medium size business area consisting of 20-100+ professionals to join our team supporting the contracts at the Social Security Administration.
The Technical Manager must have a background in successfully collaborating with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders. The candidate must provide leadership to invigorate innovation and learning within their team. The candidate must be willing to drive smart change to change the culture to one that is collaborative and innovative to provide our customers with optimal solutions that meet their strategic goals.
The candidate will be responsible for meeting or exceeding customer expectations. The candidate will be expected to collaborate closely with functional business areas (HR, contracts, subcontracts, Business Operations, Quality Assurance and Program Execution) and be responsible for meeting all business area goals and objectives. The candidate will be expected to provide oversight for all day-to-day operations of the program. In doing so, the candidate must be well organized and collaborate with the Technical Program Manager, Director of Operations, and other Technical Leads to ensure the program achieves desired outcomes.
- Must have prior experience supporting the Social Security Administration in a management role supporting a business area
- Must have knowledge around:
- Federal Contracts
- Building a Team, Recruiting Staff, Developing Staff
- Public Health or Health IT
- Generating financial budgets and forecasts as well as the ability to review and validate forecasts created by other managers
- Engineering and Management Processes (e.g. CMMI)
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Process Improvement
- Career record must include the demonstrated ability to work with and independently manage a multiple skilled workforce. Career record must also include financial knowledge and background, including at least two years of supervisory and management experience.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starting team player with effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Must embody a strong work ethic and willingness to work cross functionally to complete assigned tasks.
- Experience managing multiple contract types including Time and Material and Firm Fixed Price
Education and Certificates:
- Master’s degree and 3+ years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience or 9+ years in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.