Cloud Software Engineer 2
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. This position offers a 20K Sign on Bonus! You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a sign on bonus.
Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Click [Register to View] to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities.
The successful candidate will have a broad based background in Java, Python and Data Science to assist the customer’s Data Scientists with implementing their analytics and get them to perform at scale. The software engineer will assist the team with migrating Jupyter Notebooks to Java and integrating them into the customer’s corporate architecture. Working with new data sources, correlation with other existing data sources is also part of this effort.
- Shall have at least 5 years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. (Note: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience.)
- At least 3 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java.
- Shall have at least 2 years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as 2 years of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed Files System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Demonstrated Java Map/Reduce experience
- Strong Python experience
- Familiar with Data Science methodologies
- Experience retrieving data from corporate warehouses using Python and Java
- Knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiar with Tradecraft Suite and Notebook Gallery
- Knowledge of data flows within the customer architecture
- Experience with Gitlab, Maven, and Jenkins
- Work in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.