Job Description BAE Systems, Inc. is looking for a highly motived and driven systems engineering intern to join our summer internship program for 2023. As a Systems Engineer Technical Intern you will work on a team supporting BAE Systems driven programs in order to increase the capabilities and productivity of our very important customers. The support that you bring to your team will help contribute to the overall success of our various government run partners. Your contributions can play a pivotal role in ensuring that our partner’s missions run smoothly and soundly.
As a team member, you will be working on a multi-disciplinary team, in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy and support complex software/hardware based systems. This will include hands on testing (doing your best to break the software), environment setup/debugging, and documenting findings, tracking requirements for the project, performing requirements analysis, performing requirement analysis, and developing testing scripts.
If you are looking for a challenging, rewarding experience with a great open culture and an opportunity to make a difference for our country and the world, please consider joining out highly praised internship program for summer 2023
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills REQUIRED SKILLS
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills PREFERRED SKILLS
- Enrollment in a BS/BA or MS/MA engineering/technical degree program
- Entering Junior or Senior level year (BS/BA) or MS/MA student
- US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Exposure to requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
- Exposure to testing and different development methodologies
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment(open seating arrangement)
- Basic understanding of Microsoft tools (MSWord, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience with technical documentation
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Enrollment in a BS/BA or MS/MA program for Systems Engineering or Systems/Engineering Management
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Basic understanding of software testing
- Experience with automated testing tools such as:
- Squish for Qt
- Experience with software languages such as:
- General understanding of Linux terminal commands
- Management tool used for Requirement/Configuration such as
- UI/UX design
- Agile workflow experience
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.