Job Description Can you take a complex scientific topic and transform it into a visually captivating, immersive 3D interactive experience? You may be our perfect candidate.
BAE Systems is not your traditional company, because we do not do traditional things. From powering the Mars Rover to reducing aircraft emissions to zero, this is where the world’s biggest challenges go to be conquered. Your role? To show the world how we do it.
We are seeking an expert Unreal Engine Interactive Designer to add to our in-house creative video production team. Your job is to conceptualize and visualize complex subjects in aerospace, defense, green energy, artificial intelligence and machine learning in dynamic and exciting new ways. We expect the qualified candidate to regularly draw inspiration from modern videogames, movies, TV shows and literature to illustrate how BAE Systems is a global leader in technology disruption.
Want to stand out from the crowd in our eyes? You must provide evidence of the following:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills The most relevant skills needed to fulfill this role:
- A strong portfolio or URL links showcasing your work resulting in impressive interactive experiences.
Knowledge of Unreal Engine in-and-out (blueprinting, material development, texturing, environment creation, post-processing, app optimization).
Knowledge of DCC apps (Maya, 3DS Max, etc) for developing custom models and manipulating purchased assets, as well as texturing, rigging and animating.
Knowledge of effective UI/UX and the tools used to create/prototype them (Photoshop, Illustrator, AE, XD).The ideal candidate will be instrumental in demonstrating how our products and capabilities provide game-changing advantages to our customers. In collaboration with other talented artists as well as the industry’s brightest engineers and scientists, the UE Interactive Designer will produce award-winning immersive experiences for trade shows, online distribution and impactful marketing campaigns. Critical Roles and Responsibilities will include:
Knowledge of PC hardware and the physical aspects of running these interactives at tradeshows, events and customer meetings.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Provide visual direction of each individual assignment from conceptual stage (storyboarding, mood boards) through approval cycle of final masters
- Routinely connect with key partners across Communications teams to ensure mutual understanding of project objectives
- Consistently promote innovative ideas and stylistic designs to help solve challenging customer requests – we value proactive and thoughtful input
- Modify existing model geometry and texture maps, as well as create your own based off reference materials
- Diligently work to maintain an organized asset management system
- Aiding in training or skill-building of animation abilities for fellow team member
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 4 years work experience or equivalent experienceBonus points for any of the following skills:
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language
- Experience compositing CG elements with live action footage
- Keying, rotoscoping, tracking
- Comfort editing in Premiere or DaVinci Resolve
- Experience with particle and fluid simulation
- Experience with Redshift, Vray or other realistic render engines
- Experience creating motion graphics
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.