Field Support Team Manager
DescriptionJob Description:The Field Support Team Manager will provide management and leadership to the Field Support Team (FST) conducting work in multiple locations in support of Surveillance Towed Array Sensor System (SURTASS) electronic equipment and provide instruction of operation and maintenance of electronic equipment to civilian and military personnel associated with the Navy SURTASS Program. Actively participate as the team leader in meeting the programs engineering requirements. Selected candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Management of the FST’s, schedule, casualty response, travel requirements, timecard administration, preparation and submission engineering and administrative reports;
- At the discretion of the Program Manager, FST Manager will act as a liaison/coordinator with sponsor, ship's master, sponsored riders, operational commanders, other SURTASS contractors, MSC and shipyard personnel, and other Government organizations.
- Perform and provide quality assurance for repairs and modifications to equipment and ensure applicable maintenance standards are met IAW ISO 9001 requirements.
- Perform electronic equipment installations;
- Coordinate and conduct training as directed to O&M members and FST technicians;
- Preparation of operational, maintenance procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and manuals as needed;
- Perform engineering research and analysis
- Augment ship's O&M technical crew in port and at sea as necessary and assist in the management of FST technicians augmenting in the same role in port and at sea.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.