Facilities Capital Project Site Manager - Hudson
- Lead and develop team of approximately four project managers and engineers who will develop and manage the scope, budget, design and schedule of multiple plant rearrangement and production equipment installation projects, from cradle to grave. Responsibilities include project planning, design, bidding work to general contractors, building/executing, leadership briefings, Life Cycle Management (LCM) competency and closing out the project. Projects can range from $5,000 to over $15 million.
- Coordinate regularly with site leadership and functional stake holders to ensure projects include all aspects of site facilities needs throughout the process, from project initiation to close out. Projects should address the site needs for sustainable design, NetZero goals, infrastructure systems commissioning and total cost of ownership.
- Manage the portfolio financial budgets and track costs as they are incurred throughout the project lifecycle. Provide accurate and timely cost and schedule tracking to all project stakeholders. Prepare spending forecasts, establish budgets, approve invoices, and manage change orders.
- Report to the Facilities Engineering Director with monthly status updates of the portfolio to include, projects initiated and closed out, as well as financial and schedule status on active projects. Create executive summaries and brief site and business area leadership as required on specific issues and the status of ongoing projects.
- Collaborate across multiple functions to drive alignment to current and future project plans, designs, budgets, and schedules in an effort to ensure priorities and results are achieved. Ensure that future operational requirements are well understood and incorporated into the appropriate capital planning activities.
- Drive continuous improvements both at the site level and in coordination with other sites at the ES level, to include both process and tools. Engage with Lean Six Sigma recommendations to improve the delivery model.
- At the direction of the facilities engineering director, manage assigned strategic facilities capital projects.
- Collaborate with Plant Engineering to conduct major facility studies covering such recurring subjects as five (5) year plans, total energy generation, facility containment/contingency programs, building management systems, major material and vendor studies, etc.
- Assure Company compliance with all federal, state and applicable local codes such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), etc.
- Provide an interface with external suppliers and contractors in order to assure acceptable, cost-effective and schedule minded construction programs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Work schedules that allow you to flex time over a two-week pay period to attend to non-work related appointments and schedule conflicts
- Hybrid work models that offer the flexibility to work from home select days of the week
- Various outreach and multicultural groups that are all part of a well-established employee resource group that is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees
- 9/80 work schedule. Every other weekend is a 3-day weekend with an off-Friday.
- Competitive tuition reimbursement benefits for both undergraduate and graduate degree pursuits. BAE Systems will reimburse up to $12,000 annually for approved undergraduate degree programs, and $15,000 annually for approved graduate degree programs
- Robust and competitive medical and retirement benefit options to select from
- Innovative and rewarding career opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in mechanical, electrical, civil or related technical discipline.
- 4-6 years of project management experience and or related experience in facilities management/operations.
- Demonstrated partnership and collaboration skills across the business.
- Thorough understanding of the capital planning and project execution process from planning and budgeting through design, funding, procurement, construction and close-out
- Leadership experience communicating with customers, employees, and contractors with emphasis on conflict resolution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Power Point
- Working knowledge of building infrastructure and support systems including HVAC, plumbing, electrical distribution, and fire protection systems.
- Manage both portfolio and individual projects with the Tririga Project Management module.
- Experience in execution of large-scale, multi-year capital projects
- Master’s degree in a business, finance, project management, risk management, or similar discipline.
- Demonstrated success developing direct reports through effective leadership and the setting of realistic but challenging goals
- Experience with project management software solutions, specifically ones tailored to construction management such as ProCore, Newforma, or Corecon
- Experience with construction and renovation projects within the aerospace and defense industry requiring adherence to specific ICDs and DoD construction standards
- Proficiency with construction design software solutions such as AutoCAD, Revit, and BlueBeam Revu
- Working knowledge and understanding of building codes, specifically as they relate to the NEC, NFPA, and all state and federal regulations.
- Life Cycle Management (LCM) Process
- Project Management Professional Certification, PMP
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.