The Maritime System Division (MSD) of Leidos’ develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies, and commercial clients.
We are excited to announce an opening for a Electro-Mechanical Technician in the Long Beach, MS facility. This position is responsible for supporting assembly, testing, and production work related to electro-mechanical devices used for both surface and subsea applications.
- Electrical assembly
- Wire harness fabrication utilizing wire splicing, crimping, molex connector installation and soldering on a multitude of different connectors and cable types.
- Circuit board component installation using approved soldering techniques for surface mount and through-hole mount components on multi-layer printed circuit boards.
- Circuit card assembly inspection and test.
- Utilize standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, etc.) to assess and troubleshoot electronic assemblies.
- Mechanical assembly
- Assembly and test various mechanical systems
- Potting and encapsulation of connectors, electronics, and subassemblies
- Read, understand, and follow engineering assembly drawings, bill of materials, manufacturing procedures, work instructions, and misc. supporting documentation.
- Use various hand tools to assemble mechanical components into larger assemblies.
- Able to troubleshoot assembly issues under limited supervision.
- Support documentation standards by filling out serial number records, traveler records, work orders, and non-conformance reports.
- Lab and equipment
- Support the creation and implementation of work orders, test procedures, and safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Manage lab equipment and assembly fixtures, support repair tasks, or seek assistance of project personnel to keep all equipment in good working condition.
- Conceptualize and build assembly fixtures as needed for continuous process improvement
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of prior related experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance for consideration. This requires US Citizenship.
- Must have experience reading schematics and drawings.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have experience with the operation and use of basic machine shop tools and wood working shop tools (i.e. Drills, saws, grinder, router, sander, sandblaster, etc.).
- Must have hands on experience in electrical and mechanical assembly, soldering, and use of basic electrical test equipment.
- Capable of soldering to J-STD-001
- Familiar with and capable of operating standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, meters, frequency generators, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, self-sufficient, and able to switch from one task to another at a moment’s notice.
- Must be able to keep workspaces clean, organized and free from grit, dust etc.
- Needs to work well with others and be able to communicate and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Can interact with customers, peers, and supervisors with professionalism.
- Average physical mobility to move around an office and lab environment, and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Willingness to travel outside local area up to 2-5 times per year.
- 2-year degree in electronics.
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated sensors, underwater cables/connectors (including molding/potting), control and monitor electronics, launch and recovery subsystems, and acoustic sensors.
- Capable of writing work orders and test procedures.
- Fiber Optics manufacturing, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Certified to J-STD-001 Solder Standard.
- ISO manufacturing experience.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.