Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Network Operations (NETOPS) Team Leader (Systems Engineer) to lead the
Information Environment section supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) National Cyber Range
This facility supports the Test Resource Management Center’s (TRMC) mission to provide realistic
cybersecurity environments for test and evaluation of major DoD acquisition programs and to enable
the conduct of realistic training and certification events for the DoD Cyber Mission Force. The NCRC
facility may also support non‐DoD customers such as Department of Homeland Security (DHS), industry,
academia and international partners.
The successful candidate will serve at the North Charleston, South Carolina site.
This position is contingent upon award.
The NETOPS Team Lead directs the NETOPS Team in the Information Environment Section. The
candidate will support the IE Director and manage resources and priorities for the NETOPS team to
perform all tasks essential to support of the NCRC Range operations. Primary responsibilities include team
support and direction, virtualization delivery, network engineering support and oversight, cloud
capability delivery, range sanitization, cross domain solutions, and software tailoring. The position also
evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies; assesses, designs, and
conceptualizes test scenarios, approaches, objectives, plans, tools and other state‐of‐the‐art
technologies related to test and evaluation requirements. Serves as subject matter specialist providing
engineering know‐how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex
software/hardware applications. Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management
assessments with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and tools selection.
This position supports the program and all other duties as assigned.
ncrc-chRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 12+ Years with HS; 10+ Years with AA; 8+ Years with BS; 6+ Years with MS; 4+ Years with PhD
- Candidates with Armed Forces, college courses or Associate Degree, extensive certification, and additional experience are highly encouraged to apply.
- High degree of organization and communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge leading and supporting complex information environments, virtual networks, and cyber ranges.
- DoD 8570.01M/ IAM‐II certification within 6 months of assignment to position (CAP, GSLC, CISM,
- CISSP (or Associate))
- Top Secret/SCI Eligible clearance
Active Top Secret/SCI Eligible clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Master’s Degree in a STEM subject, particularly systems engineering, network engineering, or cybersecurity OR Associates or Bachelor's degree in computer science, or engineering or its equivalent with 15+ years' relevant experience
- Expert knowledge in project management and resource management
- Expert knowledge in leading and supporting complex information environments, virtual networks, and cyber ranges
- Active, Reserve, or National Guard military service with network or cyber security experience working in Army Network Enterprise Centers (NEC) or Regional Cyber Centers (RCC) or similar organizations
- IAT level III (CISA, GSE, SCNA, GCIH, CISSP (or Associate)) or IAM Level III (GSLC, CISM, CISSP (or Associate))
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.