Virtualization and Storage Architect
Seeking a career with a sense of purpose, work life balance, and growth opportunities … There’s a place for you at Leidos! At Leidos, we are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. You would be a valued member of global team providing services across civil, defense, health, and intelligence business lines. At Leidos, team member career development, flexibility, and well-being are priority and is supported by consistent leadership engagement, an experienced human relations staff, and numerous employee support programs.
Use your unique talents and make an immediate impact…
- The Leidos Defense group has an opening for a highly motivated individual. The Virtualization and Storage Architect position at MacDill AFB, FL supports the Global Solutions Management-Operations II (GSM-O II), Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE). The JCSE team provides en-route, early entry, scalable C4 support to Regional Combatant Commands, Special Operations Command, and other agencies. In this role, you will be responsible for new capability requirements and design, system assessments, and providing hands-on engineering support. Key elements of this position include: conducting analysis and assessments on new emerging virtual technologies; developing and recommending functional design solutions to meet stakeholder requirements; providing Tier III support to the Joint Network Operations Center (JNOC); developing, engineering, and recommending virtualization/server/storage hardware and software solutions; and conducting cybersecurity mitigations on design solutions to comply with Risk Management Framework (RMF) cybersecurity requirements.
- Monitoring of security and performance of systems, virtualization implementation, systems disaster recovery, data storage solutions, and end-user support on a network running Cisco UCS, VMWare, and primarily Microsoft servers.
- Configure, maintain, and test servers in a physical and virtual environment and provide technical and procedural recommendations for implementing a very wide range of implementing servers. Manages storage solutions in a data center using ISCSI and Fiber Channel connectivity and provide recommendations for solving complex virtualization and storage problems; solutions must be able to scale in a way that will support the storage environment.
- Manages Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS) and manages and deploys Internet Information Services (IIS) on the DC. Configures, troubleshoots, and integrates VPN solutions on both client side and server side. Troubleshoots and integrates 802.1X solutions with the Enterprise network.
- Manages and troubleshoots Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) authentication for the JCSE Enterprise and with other DOD services. Identify process improvements that can be realized through using virtualization technologies and products.
- Provide status reports and document requirements for virtualization and storage products appropriate for JCSE’s operating environment. Build and maintain the servers required for development work, internal testing, customer testing and production environments.
- Maintain file version consistency across all development servers. Maintain access privileges and account groups as directed by development team.
- Support the development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of the backup and disaster recovery plan to include planning, executing, managing, and troubleshooting hot-site and warm-site operations with load-balancing, replication, failover in a high availability environment.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of hardware upgrades, network upgrades and new configurations. Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures.
- Facilitate design sessions and architectural reviews. Interact with customers, third party vendors, and JCSE leadership at the technical level, as required.
- Engage in hands-on lab testing and development for problem resolution, new product reporting, or technical functionality. Review application of STIGs and DOD configuration guidance in images for completeness and correctness.
- Develop and maintain POA&M and System Security Plan (SSP) documentation for virtual and physical server infrastructure and systems and assist in the creation and updating of RMF accreditation packages. Develop documentation in regards to administration, maintenance, structure, and user permissions for servers. Manage and report on the overall server health and functionality.
- Manage and document physical layout and organization of server and network stacks. Provide virtual machine support to end-users.
- Manage system security, patching and upgrades. Create, update, test, and troubleshoot desktop/laptop/tablet and VDI images for all end user devices.
- Provide Tier III level support for all platforms, storage and virtualization processes as needed.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CompTIA Security+ce, CCNA Security, CySA+, etc.)
- Microsoft Server 2016
- Education: BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Clearance: Secret
Intrigued?... There’s more! Leidos understands that there are many factors that contribute to a career decision, but pay and benefits are fundamental factors.
Compensation: Very competitive, with a robust rewards and recognition program
Health and well-being: Comprehensive coverage with many programs (ex. HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, 24/7 EAP) to ensure the well-being of you, eligible family members, and registered domestic partners.
Income Protection: Programs to help navigate life events: Company-provided Term Basic Life, Group Universal Life, Optional Dependent Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Business travel accident
Leave: Leidos is committed to work life balance, with competitive leave options.
Retirement: Leidos 401k plan, with company match determined by fringe benefit package
Employee Stock Purchase plan: 10% discount for all enrollees
Family Benefits: Center-based and in home back-up childcare, free access to Sittercity, and Dependent (Daycare) Flexible Spending Accounts
The Leidos values are integrity, inclusion, innovation, agility, collaboration, and commitment. It’s under these values that we feel we are able to provide a safe work environment where we foster equality, growth, and creativity. If you feel Leidos is a fit you and can meet your needs, please submit your application and join our team in our commitment to excellence.
GSMOPay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.