HVAC Technician V
- Maintains, adjust, repairs, installs, test and operates all types of air handling equipment, refrigeration equipment, modular chillers, hot water and steam boilers, hydronic systems, forced hot air, heat pumps, Multi-zoned Ductless Air Conditioners, humidification equipment, Nitrogen Generators, Air Compressors, RO Water Generators, etc. and all controls and component parts for each of the above systems.
- Works from prints, sketches, diagrams, handbooks and manufacturer's instructions to analyze, diagnose, adjust and restore malfunctioning heating, air conditioning and ventilating systems in order to ensure efficient operating conditions.
- Performs analysis on boiler water, chilled water, condenser water, closed loops and glycol systems etc. and adjust chemical feed rates to assure compliance with established parameters. Prepares daily written logs on analysis results. Works with outside water treatment contractor, to conserve energy, maximize efficient operations and extend equipment life.
- Checks all areas of the plant for proper temperature, humidity, volume and velocity of air and adjusts actuating controls to balance air & water systems are required.
- Must be capable and highly skilled with the installation of HVAC and refrigeration equipment. The qualified candidate shall understand how to adjust HVAC equipment after installation, modification or a complete overhaul.
- Must be capable and highly skilled in troubling shooting components associated with condenser water systems. These system should include but are not limited to valves, pumps and cooling towers.
- Basic understanding and functionality of the Building Automation System (BACnet).
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is performed and completed as specified by contract, engineering drawings/specifications and applicable codes.
- Must be able to operate within a computerized maintenance work order system. Qualified candidate must be able to log work performed, provide a brief explanation of the problem and summarize what was replaced and or repaired.
- Will be required to PM, clean and service equipment that supports heating, cooling, exhaust and intake air systems.
- Performs annual maintenance on boilers in order to ensure that they are ready for State Inspection.
- May be required to participate on special teams including but not limited to emergency response teams, snow crew and willing to participate in the on-call coverage for the facility.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Benefits of Working at BAE Systems
- Various outreach and multicultural groups that are all part of a well-established employee resource group that is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees
- 9/80 work schedule. Every other weekend is a 3-day weekend with the off-Friday.
- Competitive tuition reimbursement benefits for both undergraduate and graduate degree pursuits. BAE Systems will reimburse up to $12,000 annually for approved undergraduate degree programs, and $15,000 annually for approved graduate degree programs
- Robust and competitive medical and retirement benefit options to select from
- Innovative and rewarding career opportunities
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.