Job Description BAE Systems' F-35 Lightning II program has an opportunity for an entry level software engineer to be part of an exciting team working on the F-35 Dynamic Analysis and Reporting Toolkit (DART). This team is critical to the continued success of the F-35 program and is highly visible to our Lockheed Martin partners and military operators. The development team is comprised of software and systems engineers directly interfacing with our Lockheed Martin customer in order to develop the best way to analyze and visualize prognostics health management (PHM) data.
The successful candidate will be required to design and develop the DART web application for visualizing flight data using Java and algorithms for analyzing that flight data with Python in order to meet the customers’ expectations. A collaborative, flexible, and critical mind, along with exceptional communication skills are essential elements for this role.
The successful candidate should be knowledgeable in systems engineering methods and software engineering standards, ensuring the delivery of quality solutions. The candidate will be responsible for front and back end development of DART and the algorithms required, DB work (SQL in Oracle and PostgreSQL), automated unit testing and builds, customer collaboration to understand requirements, and documentation of Requirements Development, Design, Development, and Integration and Test.
#ASFS Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Broad understanding and application of software development
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Experience with Software and Systems engineering processes, methodologies, and tools
- Experience performing Software testing, validation, and verification activities
- Possess strong problem solving skills that translate to functional software
- Strong foundation in object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Knowledge of Java Enterprise Edition (JEE)
- Code optimization
- JVM and memory management
- Multithreading and Synchronization
- Web services
- SQL (Oracle / PostgreSQL)
- Proficiency with source code control
- Self-Starter, Self-Sufficient, Independent
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Full life cycle software development
- Software automated test development and execution
- Intermediate Python development experience
- Continuous Integration Tools
- GIT, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Military Systems or Simulations
- Agile Development experience
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.