User-Centered Design Lead
Health Growth Solutions (HGS) is our Innovation and Incubation Department that identifies unsolved problems impacting our client and builds new Leidos differentiated solutions to solve ‘real-world’ problems. The activities we perform include but are not limited to performing Proof of Concepts, Vendor Solution Assessments, building differentiated Leidos solutions and deploying them to pilot customers.
The User-Centered Design Lead enjoys working with team members to make applications, services and processes simple. You are familiar with usability and user experience principles and can apply them to technical topics. You have experience conducting user research and usability studies. As a Lead, you will work with a geographically dispersed team of project managers, UX designers, executives and engineers to support the design of applications, services and systems. As leader on our Innovation and Incubation Team, you are comfortable with constantly changing priorities. You understand that not every project will make it from idea to market and you find the process of innovation exciting.
What you will do!
- Lead the UX team within HGS product team
- Manage the day-to-day work of the research UX UI team
- Create and provide ongoing HGS UX UI market knowledge (technology advancements, best practices, etc.)
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking from the UX Team
- Focus on improving and growing the user experience function within HGS, including but not limited to creating best practices, developing templates, a methodology, personas, and processes
- Implement and embed user experience into all HGS projects
- Evaluate new and existing interfaces, forms and applications that support business processes, make recommendations, and implement solutions to improve the user experience
- Conduct usability studies, user research and testing on existing and new applications
- Analyze user feedback and activity to enhance the user experience of a variety of products
- Collaborate with designers, developers and stakeholders with HGS and in other corporate functions to create user-friendly applications
- Design and develop wireframes using industry-standard tools
- Work closely with the UX CIO team’s center of excellence
What you need for success!
- BS degree and 8 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Successful experience in a Lead role
- Experience in metric driven outcomes
- Experience as a UX Designer, Usability Analyst, User Researcher
- Strong background of customer service and working with matrixed multi-functional teams
- Possess the following experience and skills:
- User research
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- Usability testing
- Content Strategy
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of accessibility, WCAG, Section 508
- Experience in a fast paced and nimble environment
- Experience in innovation or incubation environments
- Experience working with regulatory constraints
- US Citizen, ability to gain Public Trust clearance
- Experience in health care product industry (payer, provider, or product company)
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.