Software Testing Engineer
Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Software Test Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Software Test Engineer position located in the Washington DC area.
Our new Software Test Engineer will support cloud migrations for the Air Force Cloud One contract. This contract includes the Cloud Migrations life cycle including development, testing, deployment, and release management leveraging DevSecOps processes.
• After an initial acclimation period, you will be responsible for quality of the software produced by the project team. Your goal is to certify that the software is doing what it is designed to do consistently and under stress
• Establish quality standards for software programs, features, and applications.
• Design test plans and test schedules for all software
• Perform tests for new software code, features, programs, and systems
• Report bus and document all defects found in tested programs and apps. You will write bug reports that outline these problems
• Engineering complex test plans using both automated and manual testing tools. These tests will ensure the software is living up to its purpose and consistently producing desired results
• After running tests, software test engineers you will write up reports detailing what they did and the outcome. This information is crucial to decision-making on how to proceed.
• Collaborating with others will be a daily requirement this collaboration will include developers and other colleagues from the beginning of a project to offer input on the potential pros and cons of structing a program in a certain way. At steps you will be needed to offer suggestions regarding changes, improvements, and alternatives to try.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance prior to start
• A Software Test Engineer with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with 4+ years of professional experience
• Experienced working with integrated development teams
• Excellent at facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to develop strategic partnerships with business customers
• High-energy great work ethic and the ability to work diligently until issues are resolved
• Experienced with writing test plans and other customer support technical documents
• Proven experience interacting with customers of all levels and able to collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical teams
• Proficient in creating technical documentation
• Can obtain and maintain a public trust clearance
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies using AWS or Azure
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.