The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos’s Intelligence Group currently has an opening for a Data Analyst/DBA to work in Kearneysville, West Virginia. The DBA will join our growing USCG IMS team. The DBA position requires strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support the complex IT modernization and consolidation program under the USCG Tech Revolution initiatives. In this position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real-time systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong system administration background and excellent communication skills and will be well versed in current automation technologies that reduce manual intervention. Limited potential for travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations for short durations in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA command cadre.
- Possession of a current DoD Secret clearance is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must have at least one of the following DoD approved baselines for IAM I certification; CAP, CND, Cloud+, GSLC, Security+ CE, HCISPP
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- The DBAs are responsible for SQL databases located in our AWS Public Cloud/ on-prem instance and for database builds and configurations for installations to be fielded.
- Work with testing and Help Desk teams to conduct testing of installed systems to ensure proper operation.
- Perform remedial maintenance and troubleshooting to bring inoperative systems back to an operational state.
- Provide advice and support to developers and testers.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the standards, policies, and procedures of the DBA team.
- Collaborate with other DBAs and Infrastructure team members to develop automation scripts for managing databases and data in various environments.
- Perform the integration of system and software as required.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Prior DoD experience working on DODIN circuits
- Certification in ITILv4.0 foundations
IMSCGPay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.