Information Systems Engineer
The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Systems Engineer (ISE) to work at the USCG data center in Kearneysville, West Virginia. The ISE will collaborate with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard’s Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) – Alexandria, VA in continuing to provide ISE services for all infrastructure managed services that empower all 65,000 end users (EUs) to successful execute the USCG’s eleven mandatory missions. Ultimately, Leidos will support the C5ISC in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capabilities and services while improving life cycle costs and EU experience.
The Information Systems Engineer will be part of the Engineering Team supporting the USCG Infrastructure Managed Service program. The IMS program falls under the C5ISC that is responsible for the technical planning and full lifecycle design, development, and integration in support of the C5I enterprise. Standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities. Functional responsibilities include requirements analysis, implementation planning, subcontractor coordination, integration & test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment. Although this is a technical/engineering position, communication and interpersonal skills are crucial in this role. The candidate will be expected to interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, and management to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. Responsible for evaluating organization's security posture and services and ensuring approved processes and procedures are followed through review and audit activities in accordance with DoD and C5ISC security policies.
- Bachelor's Degree with 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience OR Master's Degree with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have 5+ years experienced in monitoring and managing all installed systems and infrastructure
- Must posses a current DOD Secret Clearance
- Experience with establishing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide the technical direction to IT support staff
- Oversee the development of customized software and hardware requirement
- Ability to plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency
- Ability to formulate and design the security system in place to maintain data safety
- Effectively oversee the constant availability of technical resources
- Timely reporting on the log sheet for the rapid response to any outages
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications for IAT Levell III: CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, or CCSP
- TS Clearance; SCI eligible
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple engineering disciplines (Integration, Software, etc.)
- Experience Report and/or technical writing experience
- MS degree in Systems Engineering; Computer Science or related field
IMSCGPay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.