FSET-Ashore Network Engineer Senior (MOC)
Act as senior technical advisor in support of the U.S. Navy’s Maritime Operations Centers (MOC). Support shore based numbered Fleet Commanders (C6F) and other Combatant Commands within the AOR. Conducts on site troubleshooting and maintenance assistance for problems that may cross multiple Navy systems and provides training on those systems. Lead/coordinate troubleshooting with other shore and afloat Fleet Systems Engineers. Candidate will be responsible for daily operations of multiple MOC systems to include systems administration; end-user support; requirements analysis, planning, systems integration, and engineering. Serves as a senior technical advisor to the N2/3/6 staff and MOC watch team. Top Secret clearance required.
- Conducts on site troubleshooting and maintenance assistance for problems that may cross multiple Navy systems, provides training on the systems. Lead/coordinate troubleshooting with other shore and afloat Fleet Systems Engineers.
- Support planning, implementation and troubleshooting for joint command and control applications, tactical data links and Global Command and Control System - Maritime (GCCS-M) operations, and other supporting technologies used by Naval Commands serving as or supporting a Joint Task Force (JTF)
- Coordinate repair of installed C4I systems and other advisory and systems engineering services
- Provide on-site engineering and technical support for the integration of information technology (IT) hardware and software upgrades on MOC systems.
- Provide support for maintenance of the system hardware and software, system architecture, configuration and systematic baseline to meet the site/node objectives; on-site support shall provide activity based technical and engineering support for web-based Command and Control (C2) applications and user access to those applications
- Provide recommendations to more effectively utilize the suite of applications and systems to include Common Operational Picture (COP) management and network connectivity with other joint/multi-national systems.
- Support a fast-paced operational environment. Ability to learn and provide recommendations for improvement or alternative networking strategies.
- Assist in conducting preliminary network testing after integration and configuration of site upgrades and modifications
- Provide support for restoral procedures; rapid response for emergent issues, and review of security and audit logs & SOP’s.
- Interacting with multiple shore and ship-based customer organizations will be required.
- Interacting with end-users required.
- Less than 15% travel may be required
- Minimum Qualification
- BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 8+ years technical experience in related discipline required.
- 6+ years experience with Global Command and Control System-Maritime (GCCS-M) required
- Preferred Certifications:
- IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy guidance) with IA and CE required.
- VMWare certification required
- Unix/Linux operating systems required, other OS certifications may be considered
- Network operations and maintenance with experience in server virtualization and systems administration required.
- Knowledge of fleet communications architectures required.
- Knowledge of military C2 architectures required.
- Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy/DOD officials and technical personnel.
- Candidate must be able to provide training as needed.
- Top Secret