Engineering Production Support (EPS) Engineer M88A2/HIMARS
BAE Systems is hiring a Mechanical Engineer in York PA on 1st Shift to provide Engineering Production Support (EPS) for the M88A2 and HIMARS combat vehicle program. This individual will serve as an interface between manufacturing, design and production engineering for analyzing and solving problems related to the design and fabrication of mechanical subsystems, assemblies, and components. This individual will support design related change notices and variance activities. This position is part of our onsite Engineering Production Support (EPS) team. The position would be ideal for a Mechanical Engineer or Industrial Engineer interested in manufacturing and problem solving.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Work with production support to create Problem Reports detailing engineering related issues with items in production, liaising with Integrated Program Team (IPT) to develop a solution.
- Maintain the Variance control process for production related variations from the technical data package (TDP). This includes obtaining Internal and Customer approval for subject Variances.
- Develop timely, complex and non-complex solutions to problems and coordinate effective “fixes” through Variances, standard and non-standard repairs and configuration notes.
- Assist in assigned special projects and/or process improvement teams to improve work effectiveness and relationships between Design and Production (e.g.: improve Configuration Management of TDP and Re-man Drawings, develop and implement design change work flow processes within configuration management and engineering data management systems)..
- Recommend design enhancements for the system, subsystem or component design to the design engineering group.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives, policies, and rules.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar degree.
- Entry level knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- Experienced using 3D CAD Software such as PTC Creo (Pro/Engineer, ProductView).
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to coordinate multiple priorities to achieve a deliverable deadline.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Ability to create/maintain large Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to solve basic technical design and development problems.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems.
- Demonstrated self-starter, who requires minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience supporting engineering in a prototype or production environment where weldments, fabrication of machined parts, and assembly and integration of subsystems is performed.
- Experience working with military ground vehicles.
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards.
- Knowledgeable of the Manufacturing and Configuration Management System.
- Familiarity with CREO.
- Familiarity with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing ASME Y14.5-2009.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.