Senior Software Engineer (Hybrid)- Sign-On Bonus Available
BAE Systems – Electronics System sector in Huntsville, Alabama is staking a new claim and out to make history. Technology history…that is people-focused, customer-centric, cherishes technology disruption, which began in the 1950’s and is flourishing still in this engineering hotspot in northern Alabama. We need you to help us make history. Our new 83,000 square foot facility will provide you a state-of-the-art environment to ply your trade.
We specialize in complex solutions for the Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions and the Threat Detection Solutions Product Lines.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
We are looking for talented mid-career experienced Software professionals to help us create the world’s most advanced solutions in Electronic Warfare and Communications for our defense related customers.
We have multiple positions located in Huntsville, Alabama.
In this exciting role, you will enjoy:
· Opportunities to take on diverse and challenging work assignments using cutting edge technologies
· Flexible scheduling with every other Friday off
· Inviting and supportive culture
· Competitive compensation
· Excellent benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees.
- Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C++) of complex software designs for simple systems or subsystems or subsystems of larger systems.
- You will be assisting in the evaluation of complex software designs to identify design flaws.
- You will utilize VxWorks, Windows or Linux based software development environments. Embedded targets could range from ARM through high performance x86-64 CPUs and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). You will be integrating and testing in the selected target test environments.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills and Experience
- Secret Clearance (active within the last two years)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Foundation in Object-Oriented design and implementation
- Experience in Object-Oriented software development in C++, C#, Ada, etc.
- Experience using scripting languages, such as Python
- Experience with software and systems engineering processes, methodologies and tools
- Experience performing and leading software testing, validation and verification activities
- Experience with source code control tools
- Real-time embedded development
- VxWorks/Windows/Linux OS
- Continuous Integration Tools
- GIT, Jira, Confluence
- Agile Development experience
- Designing and/or implementing software algorithms
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.