Software Engineer (Onsite/Remote Hybrid)
- Works with the customers or stakeholders to gather application requirements
- Produces efficient and elegant code based on customer requirements
- Refactors legacy applications for continuous integration
- Follows established guidelines, procedures, and release management protocols
- BS and 2 years of experience in software development or AS and 5 years of experience
- CI/CD and DevOps (Git, GitLab, GitLab pipelines, and Docker)
- Source code version control
- Relational or noSQL database technologies
- Linux OS/REST API
- Cloud computing providers, such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Angular framework
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Python, C++, and Scala
- PHP or Ruby programming languages
- VMWare vSphere
- Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+ or equivalent)
- Must be eligible to obtain TS/SCI clearance. The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements. You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.