Job Description Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Program Security Officer, in Dulles, VA.
The Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) reports to the BAE Senior Security Manager for Intelligence Solutions. Successful applicant will manage all aspects of contract security in support of a large and dynamic multi-year program. The CPSO must effectively liaison with Intelligence Community Customers, contractors and internal/external partners. The Program Security Officer is responsible for interpreting policies, developing and implementing security programs, plans and procedures to ensure mission success and compliance with corporate and national policies.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Administer and coordinate security activities in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with National Policy.
• Establish and maintain liaison with government agencies, external customers, contractor employees, and managers.
• Administer all day-to-day program, operational and administrative support to PMO, government, program personnel and vendors.
• Develop, review and maintain Program Protection Plans, Security Classification Guides and Policy documents.
• Provide classification management support and reviews.
• Administer security indoctrinations, refresher briefings, and debriefings. Update all security management systems with personnel actions taken.
• Operate and maintain a security education training and awareness program to include indoctrinations, annual refresher training, debriefings, and program specific training.
• Effectively manage all phases of an inquiry or investigation. Prepare incident reports and mitigation requirements as necessary.
• Attend and support program team meetings and provide program guidance, decision, policies and procedures.
• Oversight of the processing of new employee security clearances to include actions within government systems of record (Scattered Castles)
• Responsible for interpreting policies and develops/implements appropriate security plans and procedures.
• Pass and exceed minimum expectations with government assessments and inspections.
• Perform other duties as required.
* Must be willing to travel locally
CBLTRequired Education, Experience, & Skills • US Citizenship
• Must have a current/active TS/SCI and poly
• 7 years of relevant security experience with at least 2 years of experience as a Program Security Officer (GPSO and/or CPSO) supporting SCI Programs.
• Working knowledge of NISPOM, ICD’s and Sponsor policies and instructions
• High degree of attentional to detail. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to write and communicate complex concepts to all levels of government customers and technical staff
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work independently with little oversight as well as within a team environment.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills • Demonstrated experience giving business presentations.
• Knowledge of Security information Management Systems (SIMS) or similar security database applications.
• Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework and policies related to the protection of classified and controlled unclassified information on IT systemsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.