Senior Software Development Engineer ( R-00067855 )
Senior Software Development Engineer
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer who will be part of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), NextGen Air Traffic program.
Senior Software Development Engineer Responsibilities:
Working both, as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control display software within an object-oriented environment (primarily Java/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform.
• Performing software development as needed.
• Providing support needed for system engineering.
• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level designs.
• Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application.
• Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 8+ years of professional experience; or a minimum of 6+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience in object-oriented design and development with the Java or C++ programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Experience in following a documented Software Development Process.
• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Strong integration skills.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
• Development experience in other computer languages (Java, C++, Perl, etc.).
• FAA air traffic domain knowledge.
• Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS.