Job Description We are in search of a Lead/Chief Systems Engineer that will serve as a Technical SME standing up one of our most complex programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for building, leading and managing the System Engineering and Integration (SE&I) and customer program development and delivery. Technical lead for SE&I efforts including Lead Systems Integration teams. Architect and deploy MBSE solution sets. Map customer specifications to system design requirements. Identify subsystem and system performance and identify risks, gaps and opportunities. Understand and address cost, schedule and performance impacts and provide trade-off summaries for management personnel. Provide technical support in developing and maintaining analysis to predict overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets, performance modeling, and simulation and analysis.
The work includes architecture development and integration, system design, systems engineering, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation, design analyses and trade studies.
- Our Lead Systems Engineer will direct and coordinate the activities of key technical personnel and other employees as required including subcontractor teammates
- Works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined problems, identify key technical issues and define alternative approaches and resolutions
- Works in difficult areas requiring collaboration, creativity and ingenuity in identifying engineering solutions
- Mentors program junior systems engineers and reviews their work for quality
- Uses Model Based Systems Engineering approaches, methods, and techniques
- Creation and review of systems requirements to include, software, subsystem, and operational concepts
- Allocation of requirements to engineering disciplines
- Creating system test plans, procedures and reports
- Schedule and cost account responsibilities for systems team
- Execution of systems planning and requirements development
- Leading product design, development, integration, and verification
- Manage and participation in trade studies, peer reviews and customer meetings
- Present findings at design reviews internally or with customers
- Creation of test plans, test procedures and reports
- Identifying and tracking System Technical Performance Measures
US & FMS follow-on Industrial Engineering Services (IES) for Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS), Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (GMLRS), Low Cost Reduced Range Practice Rocket. All MLRS launcher platforms, subsystems, and variants, support equipment, and launcher fleet maintenance. Includes services for eng, product improvement/assurance, logistics, testing, launcher fleet maintenance, SW upgrade, CM / DM for the performance, safety, reliability, and maintainability of all families and variants of HW and SW.
The U.S. Army and Foreign Customers have a requirement for IES for programs under the STORM PO related to the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Family of Munitions (MFOM). These programs include:
The acquisition objective for the IES requirement includes services for engineering, product improvement development, product assurance, logistics, testing, launcher fleet maintenance, software upgrade, configuration management, and data management, necessary for the performance, safety, reliability, and maintainability of all families and variants of hardware and software for the MFOM. Work will be performed in Grand Prairie, TX, with an estimated date of completion by May 26, 2023.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS)
- Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (GMLRS) Variants
- Low Cost Reduced Range Practice Rocket (LCRRPR)
- All MLRS launcher platforms, subsystems, and variants thereto including M270, M270A1, M270A2, M270B1, M270B2 M270C1, M270D1, High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS), support equipment, and launcher fleet maintenance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline with 10-15 years’ experience
- Experience with Model Based Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering for SE&I. Highly developed understanding of MBSE for lifecycle beginning-to-end System of Systems Engineering and Integration.
- 5+ years as a Lead/CE with 3 years in SE&I environment
- Experience in leading and managing highly technical groups comprised of multiple companies in architecture definition, systems architecture, digital systems engineering, and functional analysis.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Master's degree in a technical discipline with 15 years’ experience
- 8 years as a Lead/CE with 5 years in SE&I environment
- Industry recognized technical certification
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.