Job Description We are in search of an Event Designer at the Cyber Operations Architect level to assist in leading one of our most complex programs. The candidate will run all of the events for a program valued over $350M giving you the opportunity to lead one of BAE’s cornerstone cyber integration projects. We are looking for leader with exceptional management, communication, and interpersonal skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to step into a role that will lead all aspects of execution ranging from cost, schedule, staffing, customer engagement, technical execution and business winning on this program.
The Event Designer is a member of the Event Engineering Team (EET) and responsible for defining event objectives and translating user requirements into tasks for
the event team to execute. The Event Designer coordinates with the user to manage
objectives and the event’s scope. The selected incumbent will:
- Create plans, coordinate testing, training and mission events for the NCRC.
- The Event Designer will perform day-to-day event management of the separate programs that will be coming through the NCRC for Testing training or certification.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Develop and directed with the customer a master event schedule
- Primarily responsible for customer interface to:
- Translate customer objectives into cyber security events
- Establish the event scope, objectives, and milestones with the event director and the customer
- Develop the event design, requirements, and configuration
- Lead and/or support event planning
- Lead pre-event risk assessments and requirements analysis
- Lead preliminary event discussions
- Direct pre-event support
- Develop Red Team, Blue Team, or White/Yellow Team event plans and objectives
- As needed, assume responsibility for:
- Translating cyber mission force (CMF) training goals into actionable event environments
- Translate user objectives and requirements into CMF training, rehearsal, or operational environments and capabilities
- Support cyber range event execution
- Drive continuous process improvement across all event activities.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in computer science, or a focus in computer and information sciences, engineering, mathematics, management information systems, or a related discipline with corresponding experience and demonstrated mastery of relevant computer science topics.
- 5+ years of experience with CNO/CND/CNE platforms
- 5+ years of experience with cyber testing or training (depending on focus), including planning, coordinating, execution, and analysis
- Intermediate knowledge of: software development; programming languages; operating systems; networks; enterprise and consumer IT concepts, architectures, and systems (compute, network, storage
- Intermediate familiarity with defensive and offensive cyber tools and TT
- Skilled at inferring requirements or desirable attributes for environments or test/training strategies Demonstrated ability to effectively synthesize data from multiple sources to make prioritization and resource allocation decisions
- Superior oral communication skills, including the ability to project confidence and enthusiasm, in the following core areas: formal presentations; soliciting goals and requirements from range users; explaining cyber security and testing/training concepts; effectively communicating event and environment requirements to team members; explaining cost/benefit tradeoffs; managing expectations; and explaining technical cyber concepts to non-cyber-savvy audiences
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with range users and other event stakeholders
- Superior technical writing skills, including the ability to author event design documents and create persuasive and impactful technical briefing materials
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Master’s degree with a focus in computer science
- 10+ years of experience with CNO/CND/CNE platforms
- 10+ years of experience with cyber testing or training (depending on focus), including planning, coordinating, execution, and analysis, with at least 5 years of experience in each domain
- Expert knowledge of at least 5 of: software development; programming languages; operating systems; networks; enterprise and consumer IT concepts, architectures, and systems (compute, network, storage)
- Expert knowledge of defensive and offensive cyber tools and TTP
- Experience planning or conducting DCO or OCO
- Experience working with platform development, training, and/or testing
organizations, end-users (operators), and system developers (contractors)
- Familiarity with relevant DoD testing and/or training policy directives
- Extensive experience participating in or conducting cyber "table top" exercises
- Familiarity with cyber range tools, including deployment, configuration, monitoring, and traffic generation
- Extensive and varied experience designing realistic terrain, including global gray and target environments
- Expertise in complex enterprise infrastructures using various operating systems and services (e.g., AD, Exchange, VPN, email, databases, web)
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.